I think I’ve already convinced everyone that I have an obsession with ice cream. I literally eat it every single day – even in winter! Small helpings, of course, but I seriously can’t get enough of it. It’s just that good!
This is a recipe for one of my favorite styles of ice cream: cheesecake ice cream. It’s so rich and delicious, it’s almost impossible not to eat the whole thing in one sitting!
As always, feel free to experiment with this recipe and make it your own! Substitute the strawberry puree for raspberry or blueberry, or feel free to throw some strawberry chunks in at the end for an extra refreshing twist!
-12 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
-120 grams sour cream
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup sugar / granulated sugar substitute
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup almond milk (or heavy cream for a richer version!)
-1/4 cup strawberry puree
- Place the 12 oz of room temperature cream cheese (1 and a half blocks) in a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt, and mix together until well-combined.
- While the beater is running on the lowest speed, pour in the almond milk, incorporating it a little at a time. If you would like, you can also use heavy cream, but it will come out very rich!
- Turn up the speed a little and mix until no chunks remain. Make sure to scrape off the bottom with a spatula if needed.
- Place the stand mixer in the refrigerator (or pour into a glass bowl and place that in your refrigerator if you’re low on space!) and let sit for 1-2 hours to chill.
- Pour into the ice cream maker and churn according to the ice cream maker’s instructions. The batter will be very thick, so it won’t take long to set. When it looks like it’s only about 2 minutes away from being done, stream in the strawberry puree so you get those nice ribbons.
- Store in a freezer-safe container for up to a week. It may need to defrost on the counter for 10-15 minutes before consuming. Personally, I prefer this day-of, straight from the ice cream maker. It’s a hit at parties and outdoor barbeques!