I’ve been on a bit of a doctor-induced low carb kick lately, and it’s honestly not as bad as I thought that it would be. Sure, not being able to bake is a big downside for me, but the upside is that I can still eat my eggs, and if you’ve visited this blog before, I think you know that I could eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner…
…which I actually do.
But this low carb dinner can be made without an egg base. I just happened to have some spare egg yolks from a dish I made earlier in the week, but you can easily just turn the eggs into a scramble instead of a patty like in the picture, or just swap them out all together.
So, without further ago, let’s get to it.
-Small sized skillet
-Large microwave safe bowl/glass pitcher
-1 packet miracle noodles
-30 small shrimp
-1 cup frozen spinach
-1 cup mushrooms
-2 tbsp Smart Balance/Butter
-4 egg yolks
- Turn on your electric skillet to 350 and melt down 2 tbsp of Smart Balance/butter until it covers the bottom of your pan.
- Thaw your shrimp and make sure to remove the tails if they aren’t already removed.
- Drain the starch from the miracle noodles. You can do this by just cutting a hole in the bag and letting all the fluids drain out in the sink. Put in a large microwave safe bowl or glass pitcher with 4 cups of water and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Drain the liquid (careful, water will be hot!) and add the miracle noodles to the electric skillet. Add the mushrooms and give it a quick stir to combine them.
- Push the noodles off to one side of the skillet and add your shrimp, cooking them on the metal to give them a bit more texture.
- Add your frozen spinach on top of the noodles, then cover it and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes to complete your stir fry.
- To make your egg base, put a little bit of Smart Balance/butter in a separate, small skillet. Melt the smart balance on a low heat and then pour in the egg mixture (2 eggs, 4 egg yolks.)
- When the egg begins to stiffen, flip to the other side and let it cook off. It should almost have a pancake sort of consistency to it when it’s done.
- Add to your plate and then top with your noodle, shrimp mixture. Top with mozzarella balls and use a squirt of sriracha if you’re looking for a little extra “garnish.”